Your privacy is important to us. We know that you care about how information about you is used. We want to share with you the Internet policies and practices we have adopted to protect your privacy so that you feel confident about how we handle the personal information you entrust to us.
In order to process your tour booking, World and Wine Getaways will need to use personal information for you and other passengers included in your booking, which may include each passenger’s name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers for your travel arrangements in addition to public authorities (such as customs and immigration), security and credit checking organizations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, we may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for us (such as sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) to other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information.
We may also use the personal information you provide us to review and improve the tours and services that we offer, and to contact you (by post, email and/or phone) about other tours and services offered by World and Wine Getaways that you may be interested in. If you don’t want to receive this information or want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to us using the form provided on the Contact Us page of this site. World and Wine Getaways may charge a fee for supplying you with this information as permitted by law.
We ask visitors providing e-mail addresses to let us know if they would like further information or updates from our site; only those who request it will receive follow-up e-mail or other communications from us. We will never sell or give the personal information that you voluntarily provide us to any third party, other than to: (a) affiliated entities of World and Wine Getaways, (b) service providers who provide support services to us, (c) business partners as described below, and (d) purchasers of all or a part of the World and Wine Getaways business provided that such third party agrees to abide by the privacy policies stated in this statement. It is used solely by us, our agents, affiliates, services providers and business partners to respond to your requests and to better serve you.
We extend these privacy policies to our business relationships. We expect the companies within our partner network and those we select as our service providers and business partners to honor our privacy policies in the handling of customer personal information. These businesses include companies that (a) assist us in providing products and services to our customers; (b) supply us with information for identifying or evaluating prospective customers; (c) enhance, support and maintain our site; or (d) are given the opportunity to send mailings to approved World and Wine Getaways customer lists. In selecting business partners, World and Wine Getaways considers the accuracy and quality of the data they provide, how they respond to consumer complaints and whether or not they provide opt-out choices for those whose information they process.
We also offer visitors an “opt-out” option at any time they wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us. If you initially decide to receive information from us but at a later date wish to remove your information from our database, you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling us at (888) 673-5806 ext 101.
“Cookies” and Other Web Technologies We use “cookie” technology and IP addresses only to obtain non-personal information from on-line visitors to provide them with the best possible personalized on-line experience. To do this we do keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh) used by the visitor, and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. We also track the total number of visitors to our site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve our site; personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. This helps us keep our site fresh and interesting to our visitors. Cookie technology also helps us deliver content tailored to a visitor’s interests. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to our site and you may experience some errors.
California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits those customers that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (888) 673-5806 ext 101.
Other Information and Governing Law We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
This policy is governed by the laws of the State of California.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
- Tour prices: Are based on costs, charges, tariffs, rates, prices, taxes, levies and exchange rates as at time brochures went to print. Should any of these costs change, a surcharge may be made on the price of your vacation. If the total tour price increases by more than 10%, passengers will have the right to cancel within 7 days of notification of the surcharge without penalty. No surcharges in respect of cost or currency fluctuations will be made once payment of the deposit of your land tour is received. This guarantee excludes fuel surcharges and does not apply to any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agencies. In exchange for the guarantees, no refund will be made if costs are reduced.
- Child Price: Children 5-12 years of age (at start of tour) must share a room with two adults (adults pay appropriate twin room rate). Please see itinerary of your choice for the price per child, (LAND only). Certain exclusions apply to this discount. This discount cannot be combined with any other discount. Please see page 5 for full details. The adults who share with the child(ren) will be charged the appropriate price for the accommodation occupied.
- Airline fuel surcharges and air-related taxes, fees and restrictions: Airfares will be provided upon booking, will be based on roundtrip purchase, and will include fuel surcharges imposed by the airlines but will not include the following additional, air-related taxes and fees:
U.S. and International Arrival and Departure Charges (varying by destination)
- London and Mainland Europe: up to $250
- Middle East/Africa: up to $250
- South America: up to $160
- China: up to $100
- Domestic US (including Hawaii): up to $160
- South Pacific: up to $280
- U.S. Security Fee: charged at $2.50 per enplanement in the U.S., up to $5.00 per one way trip or $10.00 for more than four enplanements.
- Passenger Facility Charges up to $18.00 per passenger.
- U.S. Segment Tax: For each Domestic segment (takeoff and landing) a charge of $3.60.
- U.S. Customs User Fee: $5.50 is charged to each passenger arriving from outside the U.S. customs territory, excluding Canada, Mexico and U.S. Caribbean.
- U.S. Federal Inspection Fee: $7.00 is charged for travel from any international point into the U.S.
- U.S. APHIS User Fee: $5.00 per passenger is charged for travel from any international point except Canada into the U.S.
Taxes and fees are subject to change without notice and will be confirmed at time of booking.
Additional air-related taxes and fees will be passed on to each passenger. Some countries charge a separate departure tax that is collected at the airport and typically must be paid for in local currency. Any additional fees charged by the airlines such as baggage handling, seat selections, and/or any other services are the sole responsibility of the passenger(s). Additional air-related restrictions apply.
- Tour Participation: Children under 5 years of age are ineligible. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Passengers with disabilities are welcome on World and Wine’s tours providing they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all assistance required, and do not require special assistance from World and Wine personnel. World and Wine reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone it is felt cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that World and Wine cannot guarantee will be available. You agree to not hold the World and Wine group of companies responsible for any decision made by any of them or any service provider to refuse to carry you, provide any facilities or accommodation to you or to provide any service to you.
- Itinerary Variations: World and Wine constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary – we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. At certain peak periods duplicate departures may operate, and sometimes in reverse order in which case hotels may vary from those stated on the itinerary pages. On tours that include cruises the ship may be changed due to Operational reasons.
- Seat Rotation: All seats are rotated daily and particular seats on coaches cannot be booked.
- Smoking: Smoking is strictly prohibited on the coach, however, regular comfort stops are made on traveling days.
- Tour Cancellation: World and Wine reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. If cancellation is made any time prior to departure* of the tour, World and Wine’s only liability will be to refund to the passenger the amount it has received for the tour booking. World and Wine will try to re-book the same or similar tour and, where flights have been confirmed by World and Wine, will attempt to confirm air seats for new dates selected, subject to availability.
- World and Wine is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
- If you have arranged with us to remain at a destination before or after your tour, please understand your stay will be at your sole expense as is the transfer to either the hotel or airport. Regrettably, World and Wine cannot provide free transfers to either the hotel or airport for passengers booking extra night accommodation before or after their tour. Please also be aware if your extra night hotel where your tour begins, you will be responsible for your own transfer arrangements at your own expense.
- Once you have paid your deposit in full, the Land tour price confirmed to you by World and Wine reservations department is fully guaranteed (excluding fuel surcharges and government taxes). The World and Wine price guarantee is another reason why we are the No. 1 Tour Operator around the world.
World and Wine Getaways Inc. referred to as the Operators, undertake the following duties:
- The Operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Operators. In such circumstances, the Operators will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
- This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned Operators.
- In the absence of their own negligence, neither the Operators nor their agents or co-operating organizations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment or any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services, accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not its direct employee or under its exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the tour participant. Baggage cover is recommended. Upon return to the United States, if lost articles are found and returned to the owner, a minimum service fee of $50 will be charged. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers who provide services on tour are independent contractors; they are not agents, employees or servants of the Operators or their associated companies. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
- When the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators are nor their agents or co-operating organizations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
- Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sole contract between the airline, transportation company and passenger or purchaser of this tour and the Operators assume no responsibility in this connection. Enrollment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
- The agreement arising between the passenger and the Operators under this brochure and the booking made by the passenger shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts & legal action arising under the Contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate Court having jurisdiction in the State, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the case of any dispute between the parties.
- In the case of computer or human billing errors we reserve the right to reinvoice parties participants with correct billing.
- Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to press; however World and Wine cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
- The invalidity of any of the provisions hereof shall not effect the validity of any of the other provisions, and the agreement shall be construed as though such invalid provision had never been contained herein.
It is your responsibility to comply with the terms, conditions or requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them
Your booking arrangements are to be made by your Travel Agent and the person effecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions.
BEFORE YOU JOIN YOUR TOUR
Passports & Visas: You are responsible to all visas, entry, health and other requirements and any documents required by laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited.
All passengers traveling in Europe require a Passport, valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their trip, and with appropriate. Multiple-entry visas are required for some European countries. Your Travel Agent or Airline will advise you on this. It is the responsibility of each passenger to have a valid Passport and necessary visas, as well as to comply with entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited.
The Operators and/or their servants and agents are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by you for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited.
Tour Documents: Please read the documents and tour literature which are sent to you, in an attractive passport wallet, before departure – they contain a wealth of advice and essential information to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
Electricity: Electrical adapters are needed if you wish to take along a hair dryer, electric razor, etc. Most hotels in Europe supply 220 volts. Check with you local electronic/radio shop or department store to purchase same.
Air Conditioning: Please be advised that foreign air conditioning systems in public places, ships, hotels and motorcoaches are not up to USA standards.
Holidays & Changes: During local or national holidays abroad, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited. In such instances, and whenever possible, slight itinerary adjustments are made by World and Wine Getaways to minimize inconvenience to tour members. If, however, your enjoyment might be diminished by such minor limitations, please check with the respective national tourist office before selecting a departure. Holidays, closing days and other circumstances may change the day of the week for scheduled “dining out”, gala dinners, sightseeing and other activities.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL TOURS
With World and Wine, you will enjoy many of Europe’s famous highlights as included features on your tour – at no extra cost. However, there is an exciting array of Additional Highlight Excursions which we make available to further enhance your enjoyment.
These Excursions are optional, and are offered at special preferential prices. They can only be booked once you start your tour in Europe, as many of them are carefully programmed to coincide with the best highlights available at the time of your visit.
A detailed list and cost of these and many more exciting options is included in your tour documentation. You can book and pay for them through your Tour Director, by cash, Travellers Cheques or Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards.